This project is read-only.

Regular expressions?

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM

First, I would like to say that your project is a great idea! 

In the code I was expecting to see many regular expression patterns. I found a lot of parsing via sub strings, etc. I'm curious if regular expressions were/are considered. If they were considered, what prevented you from using them?

Thanks!

Developer
Mar 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Hallo,

Thanks for your message.

I try to answer about regular expression pattern. You are right, if ParserIO consider them it improve his performance analyze. But in what context exactly can ParserIO use them? I suppose only with GS1-128 structure. What do you think about?

There aren’t regular expression patterns for EAN because the code doesn’t provide them. With HIBC, ParserIO use a basic pattern already, for example to identify the Type and subtype.

I expect to use pattern with GS1 from next release.
Do you have some example to give me, please? I can boost my development task.

Stay tuned and have fun with ParserIO.
Davide

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Hi Davide,

Sorry for the late response ... I see that regular expressions can be applied to any bar code type, including custom types. For examples, extract lot/expiration date/serial number from GS1 and HIBC. Custom barcode parsers could also be added as an extension of the library. Let's say Company has barcode label printers for internal item IDs, etc.

Regards

Developer
Mar 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Hallo,

Yes you all right. As I said, I expect to use pattern with GS1 from next release.

I have just a question for you. Can I know how are you using ParserIO? Do you integrated it within your application?

Naturally, I'm intrigued to know how ParserIO is used!

Regards